Also known as Volume Shadow Copy Service or VSS – is a technology included in Microsoft Windows that allows taking manual or automatic backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are in use. It is implemented as a Windows service called the Volume Shadow Copy service. Shadow Copy technology requires Windows Vista or higher. It also requires the file system to be NTFS in order to create and store shadow copies. Shadow Copies can be created on local and external, removable, or network volumes by any Windows component that uses this technology, such as when creating a scheduled Windows Backup or automatic System Restore point.
- Pinpoint Labs Releases Pioneering Data Collection Software
- SharePoint Collector Release Offers Improved Workflow Automation and Faster Collections
- Pinpoint Labs Adds 3 New Harvester Certification Courses to Its Popular E-Discovery Collection Software
- Pinpoint Labs’ Harvester 4.1 Release Adds VHD File Containers to Its Popular E-Discovery Software
- Pinpoint Labs SharePoint Collector Release Adds Office 365 support to Its Popular E-Discovery Collection Software